Monday, July 5, 2021

It's Magic

When I was a kid, I thought that the faces on Mt. Rushmore were a natural occurrence, like Jesus on a piece of toast.

But when I read that they were sculpted, I dropped my former belief, because, obviously, it made much more sense that it was deliberately sculpted.

I'm not embarrassed that I had Magical Thinking as a child, since I let new information change my mind.

And let's face it, we have adults today arguing strenuously that it is completely natural for human, bat, pangolin and ferret viruses to combine, including an entire genetic sequence which makes the virus attach easily to human ACE receptor cells. Completely natural.

Duh. Happens every day, just like wind and rain erosion carves human faces into mountains. Jeez, you would have to be a conspiracy theorist to think that bioweapons research labs working on gain-of-function coronaviruses have ANYTHING to do with the SARS 2 virus.

I'm glad that I grew up.

No comments: