Friday, October 28, 2022

The Narrators Are Lying

My sister-in-law took it upon herself to get me to watch a soap opera, All My Children.

This was a difficult task, because I have facial recognition problems as well as a lack of interest in drama.

But still she persisted, sitting beside me while we watched scenes in which people I did not know did things I could not understand.

She kept up a running narrative. "That is Ericka, and she is the daughter of bla bla, and was married to so-and-so and had an affair with this dude" etc. Eventually I learned the history and could follow the plot.

But what if she had sat beside me and gave a completely different history? What if we sat there and watched something happen and she flat out lied about it? What if I saw something happen and she told me that I didn't see that?

Well, that would be the average American watching the events in Ukraine today. They have no idea of the history or the characters and the squawking heads are narrating complete lies and fantasy.

The drama is real but the storyline is completely fake. They are lying, even though that makes the plot incomprehensible and unbelievable.

A case in point:

No comments: