Tuesday, August 30, 2022

The Ukraine Strikes Back

When I turn on my computer some entity pushes "news" stories on me. They somehow have access to my computer, which I find disturbing.

Today my ruling overlords want me to know that Ukraine is going to take back Kherson. Oh good! Now the citizens of Kherson can give up their pensions, their infrastructure, their food and their water, so that they can be "free" to live in a US-proxy-controlled country again.

Things weren't going that well for Ukraine until today. They were reduced to trying to blow up a nuclear power plant and assassinate civilians for a while, but then the Ghost of Kiev came out of retirement, just like in the movies. He was living the quiet life in a small town near Lviv when he was approached by agents imploring him to return and take up the Nazi cause again. He reluctantly agreed, resolutely putting on a helmet and strapping a missile to his manly thigh. (I made that last part up. I'm auditioning for a top "news" reporting job in US media.)

So now, according to my "news" feed, the Ukies are triumphantly marching into downtown Kherson. Or something like that. I am absolutely sure that they are not lying this time.

No comments: