Thursday, March 17, 2022

Americans Cheer On War

Americans and Europeans seem to be competing for the most insane expressions of Hate possible. They are at the gold medal level, performing double twists of the mind and back handsprings of logic with side leaps of irrationality freely expressed.

Watching the Congress critters compete with the talking heads on TV for the privilege of reaching new heights of war fever reminds me of Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant" when he goes to the draft board to be evaluated.....

" And I waked in and sat down and they gave me a piece of paper, said, "Kid, see the psychiatrist, room 604. And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, kill, kill, kill." And I started jumpin' up and down yelling, "Kill! Kill!" and he started jumpin' up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "Kill! Kill!" And the Sargent came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

And as the population reaches new heights of fervor and 30% of Americans polled say they support a nuclear war to "support Ukraine", Biden and Austin are asked about sending US troops over to Ukraine to set up a no-fly zone, and they firmly make it clear that the official policy of the United States of America is to fight Russia to the Last Ukrainian, not getting involved in any other way than further enriching the war profiteers in the US by sending more weapons, as well as thoughts and prayers.

I wonder what actual Ukrainians think about that.

No comments: